Website Chance Aluminum
Chance Aluminum, based in Williamsport, PA, focuses on aluminum production as the domestic supplier for AA Metals, a Florida-based master distributor with global operations in the United States, Columbia, Turkey, and China. We are a safety focused, drug-free, tobacco-free industrial manufacturing facility looking to expand our team of dedicated, goal-driven individuals.
Currently, we have an opportunity for a Sales Order Clerk at our Williamsport facility. We’re looking for a result oriented professional with an exemplary track record of success in safety and collaboration to join our team.
SALES ORDER CLERK
SALES ORDER CLERK PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
The Sales Order Clerk is responsible for entering, processing, and updating data related to all quotes, orders, reworks, and other applicable information.
SALES ORDER CLERK ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enters order and reorder information in an accurate manner.
- Generates and proofreads order entries for accuracy and corrects discrepancies when necessary.
- Communicates and disseminates information to the appropriate department.
- Performs clerical duties including filing, typing, and scanning.
- Work closely with demand planning, logistics, sales and finance as the consistent conduit for order management.
- Perform order validation to ensure all components of a valid order have been executed before submitting to finance (contracts, order forms, POs, etc.)
SALES ORDER CLERK QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Experience with customer service and client communication
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in order entry in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.)
- High level of computer literacy; ability to work with multiple systems simultaneously
- 1+ years’ experience in NetSuite or other ERP systems
- Ability to multitask on deadline
- Strict attention to detail
SALES ORDER CLERK PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires ability to work primarily in an office environment with access to the manufacturing floor and warehouse. Physical conditions for positions: Sit, stand, walk, bend, reach, push, pull, kneel, stoop, crouch, grasp, ascend/descend stairs, with potential to lift up to 25 lbs. Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines and prioritized work assignments. Must have visual acuity, excellent mobility, good hearing, manual dexterity, good balance, ability to work a minimum of 8 hours, and wear required personal protective equipment. All tasks performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
SALES ORDER CLERK WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Primarily set in an office location within an industrial manufacturing/warehouse environment. Responsibilities may require traversing in/through the manufacturing/warehouse areas, which may include exposure to varying temperatures and noise levels, dust, dirt, fumes, and mobile equipment.
CHANCE ALUMINUM BENEFITS including, but not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) options with employer matching
- Employer paid short- and long-term disability as well as term life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
We are an AA / EEO / Veterans / ADA Friendly Employer
Legal status to work in the United States is required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.