Website Chance Aluminum
Chance Aluminum, based in Williamsport, PA, focuses on aluminum production as the domestic supplier for AA Metals, a Florida-based master distributor with global operations in the United States, Columbia, Turkey, and China. We are a safety focused, drug-free, tobacco-free industrial manufacturing facility looking to expand our team of dedicated, goal-driven individuals.
Currently, we have an immediate opportunity for a Logistics Coordinator at our Williamsport facility. We’re looking for a result oriented professional with an exemplary track record of success in safety and collaboration to join our team.
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
Facilitates communication between production, sales, and distribution stages to promote an efficient supply chain. Reviewing shipments before distributions, collaborating with transportation systems to ensure prompt shipment pick-ups and monitoring shipment costs.
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinating transportation providers to ensure prompt and proper movement of shipments.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to facilitate successful load planning
- Manage daily shipment activities, resolving issues to ensure pickup and delivery is on time.
- Analyzes orders for supply chain routing and special operational requirements
- Book, schedule, tender, track, and trace loads, troubleshoot delays, and recover failures.
- Review and analyze data points to monitor performance on a recurring basis
- Perform audit review of logistics processes with the management team when necessary
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 2+ years of Logistics experience
- Experience in NetSuite or other ERP systems preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.)
- Advanced data analysis and data visualization competencies preferred
- Strong attention to detail with proven accuracy
- Must demonstrate understanding of the supply chain and inventory management, including common obstacles and effective solutions
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires ability to work in a manufacturing warehouse environment. Physical conditions for positions: Sit, stand, walk, bend, reach, push, pull, kneel, stoop, crouch, climb, grasp, ascend/descend stairs, maneuver within tight spaces, potential to lift up to 40 lbs. Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines and prioritized work assignments. Must have visual acuity, excellent mobility, good hearing, manual dexterity, good balance, ability to work a minimum of 8 hours, and wear required personal protective equipment. All tasks performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Primarily set in an office location within an industrial manufacturing/warehouse environment. Responsibilities may require traversing in/through the manufacturing/warehouse areas, which may include exposure to varying temperatures and noise levels, dust, dirt, fumes, and mobile equipment.
CHANCE ALUMINUM BENEFITS including, but not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) options with employer matching
- Employer paid short- and long-term disability as well as term life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
We are an AA / EEO / Veterans / ADA Friendly Employer
Legal status to work in the United States is required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.