Website Chance Aluminum
Chance Aluminum, based in Williamsport, PA, focuses on production as the domestic supplier for AA Metals, a Florida-based master distributor with global operations in the United States, Columbia, Turkey, and China. We are a safety focused, drug-free, tobacco-free industrial manufacturing facility looking to expand our team of dedicated, goal-driven individuals.
Currently, we are accepting applications for an Industrial Electrician at our Williamsport facility. We’re looking for a result oriented professional with an exemplary track record of success in safety and collaboration to join our team.
INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN / MECHANIC
INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN / MECHANIC PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
Safely perform installation, preventative, routine, and repair maintenance tasks on industrial mechanical equipment. Diagnose/troubleshoot problems and solve equipment failures in order to ensure continuous improvement of safety, quality, and productivity while minimizing downtime and repair costs.
INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN / MECHANIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoot hydraulic and pneumatic systems and implement solutions. May involve system modifications or design changes.
- Work with fluid systems including water, oils, and lubricants.
- Assist in diagnosis of minor electrical problems and work with Electricians to solve the issues.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment. Report and repair deficiencies.
- Assist production and maintenance team with special projects.
- Fabricate mechanical components.
- Research and recommend system improvements.
- Assist in the installation, start-up, and commissioning of new equipment, as required, assuring that all operations and utilities equipment complies with minimum Safety & Operational requirements.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of equipment maintenance activities through CMMS.
- Assists in writing and reviewing of operational and safety JSAs on plant equipment; improves procedures and develops new JSAs based on observations and experiences.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of staff, work independently or as a team, and keep area clean and orderly to promote a safe and efficient working environment.
INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN / MECHANIC REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent supplemented by minimum 3 years of industrial manufacturing maintenance experience.
- Working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Minor understanding of industrial electrical
- Familiar with fabrication techniques
- Welding experience is a plus
- Advanced Degree in mechanical related field a plus
- Preferably able to safely operate a forklift and an aerial lift on occasion.
INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN / MECHANIC PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires ability to work in a manufacturing environment. Physical conditions for positions: Sit, stand, walk, bend, reach, push, pull, kneel, stoop, crouch, climb, grasp, ascend/descend stairs and ladders (to include working from elevated platforms), maneuver within tight spaces, routinely lift up to 50 lbs. Must have visual acuity, excellent mobility, good hearing, manual dexterity, good balance, ability to work a minimum of 8 hours, and wear required personal protective equipment. All tasks performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN / MECHANIC WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Working with and near electrical and mechanical machinery and equipment in an industrial manufacturing environment, which may include exposure to varying temperatures and noise levels, dust, dirt, fumes, welding machines, and mobile equipment.
Potential for shift work and overtime coverage will be discussed during interview.
CHANCE ALUMINUM BENEFITS, including but not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) options with employer matching
- Employer paid short- and long-term disability as well as term life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
We are an AA / EEO / Veterans / ADA Friendly Employer
Legal status to work in the United States is required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.