Website Chance Aluminum
Chance Aluminum, based in Williamsport, PA, focuses on production as the domestic supplier for AA Metals, a Florida-based master distributor with global operations in the United States, Columbia, Turkey, and China. We are a safety focused, drug-free, tobacco-free industrial manufacturing facility looking to expand our team of dedicated, goal-driven individuals.
Currently, we are accepting applications for an Industrial Electrician at our Williamsport facility. We’re looking for a result oriented professional with an exemplary track record of success in safety and collaboration to join our team
INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
Safely perform installation, preventative, routine, and repair maintenance tasks on electronic, electrical, and mechanical equipment as well as diagnose problems in order to ensure continuous improvement of safety, quality, and productivity while minimizing downtime and repair costs.
INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspect, maintain, repair, overhaul solid-state low voltage (< 600VAC) motor control systems for primary plant equipment (AC and DC up to 1,000 hp) and support equipment (EOT cranes, evaporative cooling tower systems, air compressors, etc.).
- Perform equipment automation and control system preventative maintenance and troubleshooting covering a variety of formats under Siemens, Rockwell, Allen-Bradley and Automation Direct.
- Perform motor drive system preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on Siemens, Rockwell, Avatron and Eurotherm families of drive systems.
- Troubleshooting using PLC interface for diagnostics.
- Assist in the installation, start-up, and commissioning of new equipment, as required; Assuring that all operations and utilities equipment complies with minimum Safety & Operational requirements.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of equipment maintenance activities through CMMS.
- Assists in writing and reviewing of operational and safety JSAs on plant equipment; improves procedures and develops new JSAs based on observations and experiences.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of staff, work independently or as a team, and keep area clean and orderly to promote a safe and efficient working environment.
- Other tasks as assigned.
INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
- Associate degree in electrical or electronic engineering technology, with minimum 1 year of electrical maintenance and repair experience
- High school diploma supplemented by 3+ years of electrical maintenance and repair experience.
INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree in electrical or electronic engineering technology, with minimum one (1) year of work experience in a manufacturing environment with automation, calibrated instrumentation, electrical and mechanical repairs, and laptop to PLC interfaces.
- High school diploma or GED, supplemented by three (3) years of work experience in a manufacturing environment with automation, calibrated instrumentation, electrical and mechanical repairs, and laptop to PLC interfaces.
- Ability to read and interpret complex electronic/electrical drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of PLC logic, industrial automation and control systems, in-line measurement systems, hydraulics and pneumatics, etc. preferred.
- Able to systematically troubleshoot problems for highly technical equipment and instrumentation.
- Preferably able to safely operate a forklift and an aerial lift on occasion.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays as needed.
INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires ability to work in a manufacturing environment. Physical conditions for positions: Sit, stand, walk, bend, reach, push, pull, kneel, stoop, crouch, climb, grasp, ascend/descend stairs and ladders (to include working from elevated platforms), maneuver within tight spaces, routinely lift up to 50 lbs. Must have visual acuity, excellent mobility, good hearing, manual dexterity, good balance, ability to work a minimum of 8 hours, and wear required personal protective equipment. All tasks performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Working with and near electrical and mechanical machinery and equipment in an industrial manufacturing environment, which may include exposure to varying temperatures and noise levels, dust, dirt, fumes, welding machines, and mobile equipment.
Potential for shift work and overtime coverage will be discussed during interview.
CHANCE ALUMINUM BENEFITS, including but not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) options with employer matching
- Employer paid short- and long-term disability as well as term life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
We are an AA / EEO / Veterans / ADA Friendly Employer
Legal status to work in the United States is required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.