Website Chance Aluminum
Chance Aluminum, based in Williamsport, PA, focuses on aluminum production as the domestic supplier for AA Metals, a Florida-based master distributor with global operations in the United States, Columbia, Turkey, and China. We are a safety focused, drug-free, tobacco-free industrial manufacturing facility looking to expand our team of dedicated, goal-driven individuals.
Currently, we have an immediate opportunity for CDL Driver/Material Handler at our Williamsport facility. We’re looking for a result oriented professional with an exemplary track record of success in safety and collaboration to join our team.
CDL DRIVER/MATERIAL HANDLER
CDL DRIVER/MATERIAL HANDLER PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
This position provides for the efficient handling and movement of materials to and from designated areas in the facility as may be required for processing of material. Provides safe and efficient operation of equipment used for the movement of raw material and finished goods between our production facility and our warehouse.
CDL DRIVER/MATERIAL HANDLER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely operate forklifts or cranes to complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, and transporting material
- Operating tractor trailer trucks to transport materials between the facility/warehouse.
- Assist with the timely fulfillment and delivery of materials between the facility/warehouse
- Maintain accurate and complete records of production runs and activities through manual and electronic systems as well as necessary driving log or activity documentation.
- Maintaining a clean work environment; sweeping debris around warehouse and dock areas as well as maintaining clean appearance of truck and trailer.
- Follows all warehouse processes and driving requirements when performing their work.
- Capability to read, write, communicate, and comprehend written and spoken instruction as well as complete documentation in written or computer formats
- Effectively communicate with all levels of staff, work independently or as a team, and keep area clean and orderly to promote a safe and efficient working environment.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws as well as the employer’s safety policies and procedures.
- Performing other tasks as assigned.
CDL DRIVER/MATERIAL HANDLER QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- High school diploma or GED
- Current Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- 1+ years’ experience in operating forklifts and cranes
- Experience in material handling in industrial manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to life up to 50lbs
CDL DRIVER/MATERIAL HANDLER PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires ability to work in a manufacturing environment. Physical conditions for positions: Sit, stand, walk, bend, reach, push, pull, kneel, stoop, crouch, climb, grasp, ascend/descend stairs, maneuver within tight spaces, routinely lift up to 50 lbs. Must have visual acuity, excellent mobility, good hearing, manual dexterity, good balance, ability to work a minimum of 8 hours, and wear required personal protective equipment. All tasks performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
CDL DRIVER/MATERIAL HANDLER WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Working with and near electrical and mechanical machinery and equipment in industrial manufacturing and warehouse environments, which may include exposure to varying temperatures and noise levels, dust, dirt, fumes, welding machines, and mobile equipment.
Potential for shift work and overtime coverage will be discussed during interview.
CHANCE ALUMINUM BENEFITS including but not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) options with employer matching
- Employer paid short- and long-term disability as well as term life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
We are an AA / EEO / Veterans / ADA Friendly Employer
Legal status to work in the United States is required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.